Game Day on USC’s Campus is an experience like no other! Our goal is to ensure that fans of all ages enjoy a safe and entertaining experience. Please keep the following campus policies in mind so that all Trojan fans get the most out of all pre-game festivities. To help all Trojan fans get ready, we’ve also prepared a Tailgate Policy Quick Guide:
- Tailgate permits are non-refundable and non-transferrable.
- A Tailgate Permit is required for all groups tailgating on campus.
- Tailgating on campus can begin no earlier than 6 hours prior to kickoff.
- Fans must register for a tailgate permit at least three weeks prior to Game Day in order to avoid late registration fees. Questions may be directed to email@example.com.
- Setting up, marking off, or holding a tailgate space on game day without a tailgate permit is prohibited. On-campus tailgate spaces are reserved for approved tailgate permit holders only.
- Tailgaters who do not wish to register for a reserved space on campus are welcome to join the Trojan Family Game Day Experience tailgate located in the center of campus in the entirety of Alumni Park.
- Tailgating ends promptly at kickoff time.
- Areas of campus may be reserved for specific university needs or events and will not be available for all game days.
- Tailgating and open containers are strictly prohibited at USC Village.
- Use of any USC electricity or outlets that are not provided through a tailgate permit is strictly prohibited.
- No glass containers are permitted.
- Amplified sound that is audible from more than 5 ft. away or over 80 decibels is prohibited, including but not limited to live bands, Mariachi, DJs, TVs, iPod sound systems, etc.
- Cars and catering/ delivery trucks may not drive into the center of campus.
- BBQs must be at least 15 ft. from all buildings, tents, and overhangs. Coals must be fully extinguished and cooled down and placed in designated, non-combustible cans after use.
- Tailgate activities cannot include any games involving alcohol or alcohol-paraphernalia.
- Trash must be disposed of in proper receptacles and tailgates are responsible for returning their area to its original state before departing campus.
- Only university-affiliated groups (using USC funds) may sell admission or any products (including food, drinks, merchandise, etc.) at their campus tailgate. These groups must obtain the proper permits to host and sell at their event. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Non-university-affiliated groups may not sell, sample or distribute any products or services on campus during game day.
- Signage or tents with commercial names or locations are not allowed.
- USC does not provide tents or any other equipment for tailgates. Tailgaters are responsible for bringing their own supplies.
All campus visitors must follow university and local state and county health orders around masking and safe assembly.
All tailgate organizers, participants, and individuals are expected to comply with campus regulations on tailgating, and to comply with local, county, state, and federal laws and ordinances.
Please visit our FAQ for further details