Game Day on USC’s Campus is an experience like no other! Our goal is to ensure that fans of all ages enjoy a safe and entertaining experience. Please keep the following campus policies in mind so that all Trojan fans get the most out of all pre-game festivities. To help all Trojan fans get ready, we’ve also prepared a Tailgate Policy Quick Guide:
- All organizational tailgate parties (50+ people) must register with the USC Office of Cultural Relations and University Events at least three weeks prior to Game Day. Questions may be directed to email@example.com. A tailgate permit is required if your group:
- has more than 50 guests.
- has a tent larger than 10′ x 20′.
- requires more than 20′ x 20′ in space.
- has a keg or common source container.
- Use of any USC electricity or outlets that are not provided through a tailgate permit is strictly prohibited.
- No glass containers are permitted.
- Setting up, marking off, or holding a tailgate space before 6 AM on game day is not permitted. Reserved spaces are for approved Tailgate Permits only. Tailgating ends at kick off.
- Amplified sound that is audible from more than 5 ft. away or over 80 decibels is prohibited.
- Cars and catering or delivery trucks may not drive into the center of campus.
- BBQs must be at least 15 ft. from all buildings, tents, and overhangs. Coals must be fully extinguished and cooled down, and placed in designated, non-combustible cans after use.
- Activities cannot include any games involving alcohol or alcohol-paraphernalia.
- Trash must be disposed of in proper receptacles and tailgates are responsible for returning their area to its original state before departing campus.
- Only university-affiliated groups with a valid tailgate permit may sell admission or any products (including food, drinks, merchandise, etc.) at their campus tailgate.
- Signage or tents with commercial name or location are not allowed.
All tailgate organizers, participants, and individuals are expected to comply with campus regulations on tailgating, and to comply with local, county, state, and federal laws and ordinances.
All tailgate organizers must familiarize themselves with official USC tailgate policies.